Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Twenty-One in London Town

It’s Wednesday, and I finally have time to post. School work is picking up (booo) and my parents are here, and they make me go places with them and show them around and they run me down.
Kidding. Except for the run me down part. They are doing that.
One awesome thing that happened this week is that there are some new, sweet movie promo posters in the Underground…like…
DSC02828 Shazam! There are New Moon posters allllll over, and it is awesome. Also found one on a bus.
DSC03018 Ohhhh yeah. And yes, I fan girl squeal every time I see a poster. Every time.
Let’s break down the week, shall we?

1. Camden Market
We found a cool market in Camden. Some parts were a little skeezy, where the vendors come up and hassle you and ask you to try on stuff, but then we found a cooler part.
DSC02824 Tonnnns of places to eat for cheap, and a lot of small, cool shops. Bought a scarf for £2.50, and also a cute overpriced dress.
DSC02831 Yes, I am taking this picture in the bathroom mirror by standing on a chair because we don’t have a full-length mirror in the flat. So what.
You can’t tell too well from the pic, but the dress has some sheep-sheep and hearts and a house on it. So cute!
2. Of course…Karaoke
Another Thursday, another night of rocking karaoke at ISH bar. We had originally signed up for “It’s Raining Men,” but dang it someone took it, so we signed up for “Since You’ve Been Gone.”
DSC02887 By the middle of the first verse, Rachel was hatin on us and had no confidence in our singing ability.
DSC02890 And she was probably right. We did suck. But it was good times!
3. Parents are here!
On Saturday my parents got here! They’re here for a week and staying in a flat.  I’m having a fun time showing them around the city to my favorite places and showing them my flat, etc. We’ve gone on a couple day trips out of the city, one to Windsor Castle,
DSC03009 and to Dover, where we saw the Dover Castle and the white cliffs. It was a hiiiiike to get to the Dover Castle. Here are the rents on the steps.
DSC03039 Had a great view of the English Channel and could even see a little of France.
DSC03033 And of course…
DSC03043 The White Cliffs of Dover.
4. Halloween in London
Since we’re all cheap-o, and also didn’t think ahead, none of us had Halloween costumes….so we improvised! Rachel and I were twins (and I think we managed to convince at least 3 people of the fact).
DSC02986 Emily was Audrey Hepburn.
DSC02990 And Mark started out as a Fashion Statement, but ended the night just Gay.
DSC02999 He wore two vests, two of Emily’s fashion rings, three of my scarves, and my two Twilight bracelets, one of which says “I like boys so sparkle.”
We went to this place called The World’s End in Camden, which was packed and pretty fun.
DSC03004 We learned that in the UK, people don’t dress up as famous people or characters, they mostly dress up as clowns and bloody monks.
DSC02996Don’t know this guy.
And of course…
5. 21st Bday!
On Monday I turned 21!! Woke up in the morning with flowers from the roomie, some texts and facebook wall posts from home friends and new London friends, and an email from the bf, which all made me feel shpecial.  Mom and Dad took me out to dinner at a really cute Italian restaurant, and then my friends took me out on the town to celebrate.
DSC03069
Unfortunately, my bday fell on a Monday night, so two of the places we tried to go were empty, but then we went to Zoo Bar in Leicester Square, and I got in fo free, yo.
Ps. I do not know those guys in the background. Props to them for creepin.
According to all my pics, I made this face all night.
DSC03074
This pic is a particular fav.
DSC03079
And so ends another week in London town. Questions for the comments: What were you for Halloween? What song should we sing for karaoke this week? It has to be the best song ever. No lie. Thoughts on the new dress? What color tights would look best with it?

1 comment:

Brent said...

As promised,

Answers to questions:
I was a one night stand for halloween.
You should sing either don't stop believing by journey or that classic 90's hit she's so high by tal bachman. two solid songs in my opinion.
New dress is cool and you should wear beige leggings or tights or whatever.

Next order of business: i found that picture of robert pattismoker kissing kristen stewart. they look in love.

I'm glad you are having fun with your parents!

P.S. That clown kinda freaks me out.

Brent