Monday, December 21, 2009

Snow Storm of ‘09

So you know that huuuuge snow storm that hit the east coast this weekend?  The one that dumped 7.5 inches in Newark, a foot of snow in DC and 16 inches in Philly?

image Yeah, that one.
Funny story. We London study-abroaders were supposed to land in Newark, DC, and Philly on Saturday.
I’d say 7 out of the 19 flying that day actually landed where they were supposed to.
Luckily, I was one of the 7.
I know people who ended up stranded in Chicago, Boston, Newark, and the worst yet, Emily is still stranded in England. (She has a flight home tomorrow though, thankfully.)
We were lucky in that Newark didn’t get hit as hard as DC and Philly did, so our flight wasn’t cancelled or rerouted. It was just an hour late, but hellllo I can definitely deal with that.
Brent was going to pick me up from Newark and drive me back to his apt in West Chester and we’d drive the rest of the way the next day, but the roads were nottttt good, so we decided to find a hotel in Newark. Yeah right—we had to drive 30 min in a freakin blizzard until we could find a hotel with rooms.
Lamespice.
We eventually found a hotel motel Econolodge Inn in Jersey City and were able to drive home the next day.

But, moral of the story is….

I’M HOME!!

Fun-filled week of unpacking, last minute gift shopping, and printing pics in time for when family visits. I’m almost ready for Christmas, are you?

2 comments:

GardenofEdee said...

I'm glad you got home safe Alyssa!! Hope all your friends did too!

Vanessa said...

Welcome home! Glad you made it. The snow storm was the worst. We had at least 18 inches here. Awful.

I'm almost ready for Christmas. Just a few more presents to pick up for the boy and cookies to bake. I can't wait!